The Splinter Generation is dedicated to providing a venue for aspiring and established artists. We accept contributions of work in any fine art medium including painting, drawing, performance art, video, printmaking, photography, textiles and sculpture. Literary comics also welcome. We have no prescribed style and will consider both representational and abstract work. However, the work should speak to the overall generational theme of the journal, whether directly or indirectly.
For each issue we will select a single artist to feature. We ask for one time publication rights and permission to archive the images on the site. We will consider previously published art as long as the artist has retained the rights.
Artwork should be professionally documented. Review our complete artwork guidelines below carefully before submitting.
Visual Art Submission Guidelines
Submissions should be in JPEG format and attached to an e-mail which contains the following:
- E-mail address
- Street Address
- Website link if applicable
- List of works by title, medium and size of work and publication history (Be sure to tell us if the work is “Not For Sale” – NFS)
- Artist statement (150 words maximum)
- Short biography of the artist (75 words maximum)
- Send 3-5 works in JPEG file format, 600 x 800 pixels or smaller, 300 dpi, as an attachment to an e-mail message. Alternatively, you may provide direct links to 3 – 5 specific images on your website.
- For video, provide up to two Vimeo or YouTube links to clips 1 to 3 minutes in length, along with information on the full length and any production credits.
- In the subject line, put “Art Submission” and the title of the work.
- Please follow the guidelines carefully, or your work will not be reviewed, without notice to you.
Send the artwork (and only artwork) attached to an e-mail addressed to email@example.com. Those artists selected for publication will be notified within 30 days.
If the work is subsequently published in another venue, we ask that the publication in Splinter Generation be acknowledged.
Note: Splinter Generation does not charge commission for work sold as a result of exposure in the magazine.
We look forward to viewing your work!
Art by Andy Warner